Friday, February 19, 2016

I Survived....

Paramedic Refresher is complete, I made it though ha-ha!  It isn't anything rigorous, just a lot of information coming in.  Much of which is in the lecture format.  We had some phenomenal speakers this year, I can't boast enough about how awesome the training center is with variety of speakers and content offered.

My favorite part of the two weeks was a hand to hand/self defense tactics session.  It was super fun and informative.  We were taught different ways to not only defend ourselves, but how to gain the upper hand of the situation to put ourselves out of harm and in control.  I was paired with some tough guys, and was able to break free and gain control.  It's amazing what a little pressure in the right place can do.  The hour session was presented by my medical director, it was memorable and exciting.

In other news, I put on 2 pounds during these 2 weeks.  I'm not freaking out about this.  I have been working a ton and with refresher going on, I haven't been working out as much. Yes, you have to workout to lose weight.  I have also had some increase stress but it will all even out.  Some extra workouts this weekend and some "Me Time" is what I need!  I'll do my best to get back here on Sunday to display some of the meals I'm making and what my weekly meal prepping looks like.  My kitchen is usually a disaster during this time with containers everywhere, but once you do it a few times, its really not that bad.  Until next time, keep it Healthy readers!

No comments :

Post a Comment