Monday, January 11, 2016

My diet starts....never!

There is a woman I work with, she is a dear friend, who has a phrase that she is known for, "My diet starts today!" It always falls on a Monday.  Don't wait until Monday, start now, and don't go on a diet...make lifestyle changes.  I started on a Wednesday, I met with a nurse through my work wellness program.
Today is, however, Monday and I'll let you know this....She once again started her diet, I started this blog, and I`m hoping she we will stick with  it.  Don't start a diet, start a lifestyle change, and do it now.  It doesn't matter if its midweek or mid day, just start making healthier lifestyle choices, you owe it to yourself!

Let me tell you more about me, and my history.  I have never been fit.  I didn't have a baby and gain weight, didn't play sports and succumb to an injury, I was born overweight and have always stayed that way. But I don't have to stay obese, I can change my habits, and I have!

Okay the facts: I have 125 lbs to lose, yes it's a lot, but I'm going to do it 10 lbs at a time.  I'm going to celebrate every time I move into an other weight bracket.  Beginning weight, do you really want to know? ugh, this is too real, my starting point on December 31st 2015 I weighed in at 292 lbs.  I know on the cusp of 300, thank God I started now!

I'm 11 days into this journey and I'm ecstatic to report that I'm down 6.6 lbs.  I know that this is a lot of water weight and I can't expect these numbers to continue like this, but its nice to see the scale going down. I attribute the first 2 weeks of  success to to a combination of things, but I think logging food is a huge deal.  I'll go into the app I use to log food next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment